Thursday, July 12, 2007

Funky Town

So I must tell you, I had the opportunity of a lifetime! This past Saturday I attended a bachelorette party in the Fort Worth Stockyards... real cowboys and all! The night was eventful, as you will recall from my last post, I commented on the fact that there is always an interesting something that happens.... well this time lots of interesting somethings happened.
The night started out at Joe T Garcia's (excellent mexican food!), where all 12 of us sat at a table and were serenaded my a mariachi band. Drinks were consumed and shots were bought for the bride to be. From there we went back to the hotel room where all 12 girls got ready to go out for the evening. I know you guys are thinking 12 girls in one room, but no the naked pillow fights did not start... yet! We left the hotel, and I being the only sensible person there wore the ole flip flops, everyone else.... 2.5 to 3 inch heals! Hell we were walking all night long, I'll be damned if my feet were going to hurt. I wore a cute little sundress with the casual shoes, and we were off to a night of fun.

Our first stop was at a walk up bar, where our first round of drinks were bought by a Harley Davidson fan in his leather and driving goggles. For those of you who are unclear you may walk around the stockyards with beer in hand, and its perfectly legal!! YES!!!! From there we made our way to Cadillacs, where more drinks were bought and more shots for the bride! There was dancing, ass grabbing, cussing, drinking, smoking, and no Sassy no Doo Doo Brown Waterproffing! We even checked out all the hot cowboys (and can I just say, "Holy shit they were pretty!!!").Well about 1:00 AM and after we had lost two good women to the throws of vomittville... We left!

Now remember earlier that I said I was the only one in sensible shoes? Well the bride to be wears a size 9 and I wear a size 7-7 1/2.... her feet hurt. Of course being the good friends that I am, I traded shoes when she asked me too. At least she was comfortable.... I on the other hand was trying to master the art of walking in heels that were 2 sizes two big on cobblestone streets! I magnificent sight I am sure! (I am going to let you guys in on a little secret, I am VERY talented! I fall down all the time, and on some occasions, it lands me in the ER). That being said, I made it about 20 feet, stopped to cross the street and opps I did it again! I feel on my bottom, in a dress, holding a beer, and all in front of a cop on the other side of the street! Smells held my dress down while i go ungracefully tried to get up in heels that again I say were two sizes too big! Well we made it to the other side of the treat after that without another incident, well I mean as everyone laughed so hard I thought that they too might bite the big one. We got to the other side of the street and thank goodness, the cop was gone!

That's when our bride saw him on it. The dude on the Harley Motorcycle. She ran over hopped on and said, lets go for a ride! So they did.... I hear my self saying this is not good, what am I going to tell her future husband, "Yeah, she didn't come back because she jumped on the back of a motorcycle, and road off into the sunset!" Thank goodness that they just went around the block, she was back safe with us!!! But then- Lolita jumped on the back and before anyone could say anything she was off down the strip as well. Oh no my rational thoughts are flooding back, "What in the hell am I going to tell her parents.... we lost her, shes gone!!" She made is back scared shitless, it was her first time on a motorcycle!

Well we walked back to the hotel where all 12 of us put on our jams, and got ready for bed when it hit.... the I am drunk and hungry feeling. So we headed out to the favorite 24 hour service right around the corner, Whataburger! At 2:30 in the AM you can get all kinds of things there. Lolita got a cheeseburger and I got breakfast taquitos! So Good!!!!! There were pickles thrown, ketchup tossed, and salsa downed like shots. You know your typical, we think we are back in college moments and we aren't 25 and 26, but rather we are 18! After the realization that there was no way we needed to be there any more and the fact we were all about to fall asleep we heading back to the hotel where the pillow fights ensued, and the prank calls to random people as well. All in all it was a great night!

8 comments:

Sassy Blondie said...

Good lord, BB, is every day the FIRST day on your new legs? I never met anyone who falls as much as you do when you are sober! lol
You girls had fun, which is all that matters.

I heart Whataburger taquitos. *sigh*

Bubbly Brunette said...

you know sassy it does seem that i fall at least once a week! i geuss i have sea legs everyday of my life! not to rub it in but the taquitos were awsome!!!

Anonymous said...

That is definitely a well rounded evening.

Sassy Blondie said...

I posted your "other picture" with a note for people to stop in to your site. So you'll need to keep up with stuff now, sister! LOL
XOXO

D-HOR said...

Bride or no bride you still get partial sainthood cuz damn heels TWO sizes bigger? Shitfire.

Sgt said...

Some of my favorite party memories were in Cowtown.

Well, at least I'm guessing they were my favorite. I don't remember all that much.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

I want to fluff your pillows.

Me said...

on the other hand was trying to master the art of walking in heels that were 2 sizes two big on cobblestone streets!

Coming from a man, I must say I'm impressed.

Welcome to the Blogosphere, hope you enjoy your stay :)